« Home | I'm 4 teeth lighter! » | Woohoo pictures » | First post »

Update

Well, this honestly isn't as bad as I thought it would be....I had the extractions 2 days ago and so far, so good. I think the biggest problem I'm having is a dull ache in my jaw, nothing that a little vicodin won't fix!

I went out to dinner yesterday to my favorite sushi restaurant....sadly, I couldn't have any sushi so I just had 2 bowls of miso soup (yum!). In one of the extraction sites, (haha, I sound like I'm talking about a construction project and not my mouth) there is some white stuff, but I don't think it's anything to worry about (could just be tofu, gross!). I'm seeing my doctor that did the surgery today, going to give him and his wife a massage so I'll just have him check it out.

I haven't really had any swelling or bruising, and they said to use a warm compress today instead of ice. It's just tender on the bottom side of my jaw in the front. Yesterday my diet consisted of 2 slim fast shakes, 2 puddings, 2 bowls of miso soup (hmm, are we seeing a pattern here??) and I made a scrambled egg but I didn't want to chew it so I just swallowed the pieces. That wasn't so much fun, so I'll be sticking with protein shakes and pudding for now. I'm going to the gym tonight too, haven't been since Tuesday, I'm a couple of pounds lighter (yay!) so I want to keep it going.

About me

  • I'm Rebecca
  • From Clawson, MI, United States
  • Self employed x2, lover of all things food, puppies, Netflix, travel, health and fitness
My profile