« Home | First 3 days... » | They're on! » | Just a few more days... » | Update » | I'm 4 teeth lighter! » | Woohoo pictures » | First post »

Flossing

So I'm trying to be good and keep up with the flossing....which takes about 10 minutes now with the braces on. My bottom teeth are so close together in a few spots that it's sometimes difficult to get the floss out, which was the case tonight. I had to pull the floss a bit and I guess I pulled a little too hard because I managed to pop the wire right out of the bracket. It's not the back bracket either where I could just slide it back in, the bracket popped open and the wire popped out, and they are self ligating brackets so I have no idea how to close it.

Good thing my morning opened up tomorrow, looks like I'll be paying the orthodontist a visit to fix this! It feels weird in that spot now though, funny how quickly we adjust to having a foreign object on our teeth.